Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Facial Feminization Surgery?

I don’t remember which one, but a point was once made on a blog I follow. She said, that transgender folks know more about the timer settings on cameras than anyone. It’s true, we take a lot of selfies. Then, many of us post them to Facebook and on our blogs. I love seeing new pictures of my friends. They are my heroines and I hope to emulate their beauty.

A comment about one of those pictures, though, made me think. The lady who posted her picture has since, left Facebook and I regret not knowing her better. Anyway, the comment was something like, you say you are happy, but your smile doesn’t reflect that.
 
Some of those selfies I mentioned, some of the ladies are grinning from ear to ear. It’s obvious they are comfortable in their own skin. They finally got what they have prayed for through the years and it shows on their faces.

I’m not sure why others don’t smile, perhaps they are worried about presentation. Perhaps it’s a natural state that fear of discovery has caused. As for me, I have terrible teeth. There are times when the euphoria of being a girl is so strong I grin from ear to ear. Then I retrench because of my teeth.

Needless to say, I will be getting my teeth fixed as part of my transition. I look forward to the day when my soul is set free to smile like all my heroines on Facebook. I was thinking of that while applying my makeup one day. I examined my nose and my jaw. Will other parts of my face, ravaged by testosterone need the application of a scalpel?

I’ve read that HRT can have a softening effect and I’m hoping for that, because there are times when I wish I could present well without makeup or fussing. Will the blockers reverse some of the damage caused by testosterone? Will I have to work harder at than CIS girls? Which brings us back to the scalpel.

I guess being old has its blessings. I refuse to compete with younger MTFs or with CIS girls. Getting the right plumbing and permission to act and feel like my authentic gender will be wonderful, but the before and after pictures of my heroines make me wonder.

Recently, the before an after pictures of Ann Kelly, on Facebook, have delighted many of us. The change is encouraging and I think about the possibilities. Ann is so beautiful, but she exercises hard. Her body is a reward and you can see joy in her face.

I know that beauty and happiness come from within a soul, but could I benefit from the scalpel? I think I will wait and give HRT a chance. Maybe with my joy, I will be beautiful too.
     

1 comment:

  1. *
    Your efforts humble me. I have posted elsewhere to others and must now write to you to know personally that I respect all you may endure.

    I am inter-sexed, matured late through puberty, and did not require as much as most when I transitioned from male to female beginning at age 21 (1978). I hope you can expeditiously accomplish what you need so that you do not lose any more time.
    *

    ReplyDelete