Monday, June 22, 2015

Would you like a little Cheese with that Whine?


After my failure to attend my Saturday Pride event, a realization painfully resurfaced. I’ve posted about it before, and still need friends.

The nature of Gender dysphoria, at least in my generation, made many of us introverts. Not because we don’t crave companionship, but because we thought we were freaks. We locked ourselves in the security of our closets to dabble in the need we didn’t understand.

With the development of the Word Wide Web, I and many others, learned we are not alone, but even with that, we were still alone. We learned we weren’t freaks, but cyberspace, is no place to develop relationships.

Since I bought my ticket and climbed on the train, I’m painfully reminded how much I need a friend. I have the best intentions, but being alone in strange places prevents me from exploring my new identity. I tell myself I’ll go to pride night at the local bar and never go. If I had somebody to go with . . .

I wonder how having somebody waiting for me would’ve helped me get to the pride event. I need somebody to cross the bridges with me. It would help if they’d been this way before, but I need a friend.

Okay, the whining will cease now, carry on as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment