Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pride is . . . the best laid plans.





The best laid plans of mice and men . . . that quote from the classic novel, tends to describe so much of my life. I got the time off. The plan called for staying in a hotel. I would spend the whole weekend meeting new friends and building my tribe.

The reality turned out different. Through employment, and family responsibilities, I didn’t get up there until Saturday but then again . . .

I planned to stop at the wig shop on the way to get my new hair adjusted and drop off an ancient wig for restyling. I got that far. Raindrops hit my windshield and I remembered I’d forgotten my umbrella. Added to the fact that I didn’t want to fight traffic and find a parking space close by.

I still have tomorrow. It’s parade day anyway. On the plus side, My wig fits perfectly and I never want to take it off. Damn I need to transition. As the title indicates, Pride is . . . is the theme this year. For me, pride is hard to attend. Anyway, wish me luck.

PS A family thing came up so I didn’t make Pride in SLC this year. There will be another opportunity this year, however, but I won’t talk about that. I don’t want to Jinx my chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment