Sunday, June 21, 2015

Inferiority Complex


If Kimberly Huddle is your Facebook friend, you know that she posts a daily picture with the tag of today’s inferiority complex. I always enjoy those posts of beautiful women, but when you’re the size of a linebacker, those pictures do exactly that, to you. Then again, maybe if things had been different . . .

Recently, I found my daughter’s BCBGMAXAZRIA spring catalog for 2015 on the back of the toilet. The fashions were gorgeous, then came, the smack in the face. It was a whole book, full of inferiority complexes.

I haven’t been living in a cave for my whole life. I know what models look like, but for some reason I was struck by how thin those ladies actually are. Still, they make the clothes look good. I tried to imagine wearing the fashions, and came up short. Beautiful dresses, that would never work for a woman my size.

On the other hand, I don’t have the money anyway . . . Hmmm. I believe that constitutes a catch-22.

No comments:

Post a Comment