Sunday, April 5, 2015

Let My People Pee


https://www.facebook.com/TransGraphics?fref=ts
We’ve all made the connection. All of us, who lived during the civil rights movement. Some of us remember the headlines and the newspaper pictures. Non Caucasian people were human, too. Nevertheless they were treated like non-humans.

In trying to analyze the thinking behind white’s only bathrooms, and unchecked segregation, I shake my head. After all what were the authors of those laws afraid of?

As history often does, the whole scenario is playing out again. At least the Jim Crow laws recognized the need for other facilities. There were whites only and other restrooms, along with drinking fountains. The whole thing was ridiculous.

Now, with another generation of bigots marching through the legislatures, The battle cry is against transgender people. Holy crap! What are they afraid of? I know there are other, more eloquent voices to speak out against this, but the insinuation offends me, As I’m sure it does you. In the first place transgender women only want to fit in. Secondly, they aren’t sex maniacs. So, what is causing the fear?

In kindergarten we talked about getting cooties from the opposite sex. Is that what the bigots are afraid of? I think it goes much deeper, and nothing we can say will change their minds. You see they are right wing religious bigots and they think they’re fighting God’s war.

We can try to convince them, but our words only fall on deaf ears. The whole time they hear Onward Christian Soldiers playing in their head. I used to love that hymn. Now it makes me think of religious persecution, and reminds me of all the victims, killed in the crusades over time. There is another popular hymn they need to hear. In reference to Moses talking to Pharoah about freeing the children of Isreal, the hymn goes Let my people go. the graphic above, explains itself.

They claim they are protecting women from sexual predators, but the truth is, there are no case histories of that ever happening in the history of mankind. Trans women just want to get in, pee, and get out. the don't want to socialize. 

Take the case of the genetic woman at the gym. She saw a transgender woman in the restroom. She thought she was fighting the battle God wanted her to fight. The owners of the gym got tired of her complaints and kicked her out. You see the problem arose, not because the trans woman was a threat, she went in, did her business and got out. The problem was in the genetic woman’s mind.

Does that story piss you off? (No pun intended). It does me. Anyone, trans or not, who has been singled out and discriminated against, should be incensed. Like non-whites in the nineteen-sixties, we just want to pee. We’re sorry our existence offends you—get over it. 

As grim as it sounds, we all have scarlet letters pinned to our chest. A big letter T is all we need in our lives. Wasn’t the hazing in grade school enough? I spent my whole life coming to grips with who I am. Leave me alone.

Apparently, those who would ban trans, would rather we not pee. How stupid is that? They attack unisex restrooms and advocate lumping us into the gender of our birth. I quit going to gym class in junior high because of the hazing, what makes them think I want to submit to that again?



No comments:

Post a Comment