Sunday, April 26, 2015

Damn the Torpedos Full Speed Ahead

This post was written April 1 and might be a little old news. Still, I hope you like it.

Having never seen the movie, I don’t know, but I’m told the actor never said that. It’s perfect, however, as a battle cry. Especially, with the news out of Florida, Alabama, and Indiana. With all the inroads trans people like us have made into society lately, the restrictive legislation (of late), shouldn’t surprise anyone. Of course the opposition would fight back. Knowing that however, doesn’t lesson the fear.

The question arises, with bathroom laws being passed, hate being expressed, and fear being wielded like a sword, how can I continue down this road?  I’m in transition, heading for GRS, wouldn’t it be safer to crawl back in the closet?

I don’t know, would it? When the nazi’s hunted Jews and homosexuals, they broke down doors, killed people, and ruined lives. The current mania from the religious right is no different. They claim to eschew Hitler and the Nazi’s but they follow their lead. If I went back into stealth, and tried to play the role, how long would it be before they came for me? 

The truth is, I have embarked on a course of action that might very well, get me killed, but I cannot turn around. No, I choose to continue. I spent a whole life trying to deny my feelings. Now, for the first time, I am happy. I’m changing who I was. I’m moving toward the life I dreamed of. In all seriousness, It won’t be easy, but I plan to enjoy my life before the nazi’s catch me in their crosshairs.

Still, and all, the Nazi’s evil plan might fail. I noticed the whole state of Connecticut, has boycotted the State of Indiana. Who knows, freedom to pee might be reestablished.

2 comments:

  1. Those of us living in places where we take personal freedom for granted sometimes need a reminder. Be prudent. Be yourself, clever and aware of your surroundings so you will be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the advice, Halle, and thanks for stopping by

      Delete