Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Real Test



http://quizly.io/quiz/picture-storytelling-test-will-determine-your-personality

Have you ever seen the inkblots some therapists use to get a response from their patients. Without going into detail, as I understand it, somebody, dripped ink on the center of a piece of paper. Then they folded it, making a smudge. They made others, and use the blots to analyze the answers based on established norms.

I’m not a doctor, but if you think about it, what you see in the inkblots could indicate what’s on your mind. If a person dwells on unfilled feelings of love for a parent it could somehow translate to what the patient sees in the images. A test I found on Facebook the other day, cheated on the inkblots, because, it was multiple choice.

It all started when I found the attached picture. You’ve seen them. Just click on the link and take whatever test, and they will rate you. The one on the right explains itself. I needed a short break from work so I took the test. As you might’ve guessed there wasn’t a place for write in answers, but most of the pictures made me think of a different answer than the ones provided.
 
Anyway, I cut and pasted the test into PowerPoint, and added my answers. Perhaps they show I have trans on the brain, but I think this test would do a far better job of diagnosing Gender Dysphoria, than the GOGATI.

Have you taken the GOGATI? I took it twice. I heard, The Combined Gender Identity And Transsexual Inventory was developed to help therapists determine the depth of your dysphoria. I don’t think, however, it is allowed in diagnosis. Anyway I took it once, when I was trying to figure things out, and got a score of 280. I took it again when I decided to transition and got a 330. Both scores gave me a classification four, which means probable transsexual.

I noticed the test goes on and on. I’m sure that boredom plays a big part in people’s answers. It also keeps asking the same questions worded slightly different. Anyway, I don’t think cheating the test is that hard. Since, it depends on honest answers.

After taking the test above, an idea occurred. With all the degrees of Transition preoccupation a therapist could use the images like the inkblots to diagnose Gender Dysphoria. Why waste time with endless therapy? Just give us the test, and send us to the endocrinologist. 

When you see my answers versus the test you’ll see what I mean. Transgender is a big part of every minute in my life, lately. I’m leaving the man behind. That’s why
my mind provided the answers it did. I’m ready to move on toward GRS.

Since I don’t know an easy way to post a Power Point into blogger, zoom up on the video. I’m sorry for the quality. Compare my answers to theirs. I’m interested to hear your first impressions of the images.




No comments:

Post a Comment