Monday, February 16, 2015

Coming Out



Sounds like a wonderful cleansing doesn’t it? Like taking a shower, to be able to wash the grime off. I’m not sure the shower analogy fits, though, because that would insinuate being transgender is a bad thing.

For more years than I can count, I did my best to hide the satin. After all, normal folks weren’t like that. Growing up in Utah in the early sixties, We were all alone. As I mentioned here in this blog, I’m just now, recalling most of it. Repression is a wonderful thing, until it all comes back in a virtual picture show.

I now consider it a blessing. Being trans is a wonderful thing, and I don’t care who knows about me. With that being said however, I have reservations. I want to spill my guts, so bad, but it will change the façade I built over the years.

I’ve been reading stuff on how to do come clean, but it doesn’t really help. I feel like the kid who’s conscience drives him back to the candy store to fess up. The idea of handing people a pamphlet and asking for questions appeals, but my relative did that, with disastrous results.

Many of my loved ones won’t read, and the blank stares will kill me. Nevertheless, this is my year. I will not go back even if I could. I am trans and I will be a woman for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment