Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Huge Commitment

As you know, I challenged myself to overcome my alter ego, and shave his beard. I figured that if I planned it right I could trick him into shaving. Then, the beard would be gone before he knew what was happening. He’s been fighting me, and our transition, and every baby step. One of the hypnosis videos I spoke about introduced the concept of letting a river wash my maleness away. Later, the hypnotist explains that the man I used to be was washed out to sea. I was free of him. I was a woman.

I know he is part of me and I need him, but sometimes I wonder how much easier it would be to . . . Anyway, I convinced him that we needed to trim the beard. Then while standing there, I cut out a big, ugly, chunk. The scissors slipped, (tee he). No really they just slipped, (grin). He tried to fix the mess but eventually gave up and shaved it all. I had my heart’s desire. Still, I mourned with him, and assured him it was for the best.

He thinks he looks like a dork, and I agree, but time will tell with HRT. Adding to the distress, are my teeth. I had good teeth before the beard. Now, they’ve gone bad and they’re no longer hidden by hair. (I’ve just gotta get them fixed.) It’s not all, bad though, My double chin is missing, and I can see my lipstick.

Now, enfemme will be a real presentation instead of bits and pieces of clothes and jewelry. Now, it’s sink or swim. It’s a commitment, a sacrifice to the powers that be. I’m serious. I’m a woman, and it’s high time I caught up. I’m looking forward to Diva Las Vegas in March. Moreover, I can’t wait to inherit my wife’s dresses.

Oh, how, I love being transgender. With one more obstacle out of the way, I’m one baby step closer. I’m going to be the woman I was born to be—one step at a time, but I need to keep him from growing it back.

Love Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment