Monday, July 6, 2015

Not a Trendy Woman


I’m not an ordinary transgender woman. Since that word would never describe transgender anyway, my statement sounds like a contradiction, doesn’t it? Transgender women usually work hard at looking pretty. They want to blend in with CIS gender women, so presentation usually takes longer.

Many trans women follow trends in fashion, others make their own style. Getting caught, outside without makeup is terrible for them. It’s a little like reverting to the boys they once were. Consequently they primp and worry about image.

I tend to drift the other way, and I’ve come to identify with Cyrsti Hart who, like me, has a non-conforming approach to womanhood. She is one of my heroines. Until recently, her linebacker shoulders prevented her from wearing tanks and camis. Now, she looks great in them. Although I love to wear tanks around the house, I too, have linebacker shoulders.

Thank you Cyrsti, for adding this blog to your links on your blog.

In my non-traditional approach, I find myself dressing traditionally, like CIS gender women, who are my age. I dress up sometimes, but I lean toward the casual, and primping is not in my nature. Perhaps I would be different if I’d grown up as a girl, but I’m getting old, and most people don’t care how much makeup I wear anyway.

Cyrsti is happy with her femininity, but I plan to continue through GRS. I’ve learned it’s a personal thing, but for me, I always knew there was something wrong between my legs. When that day comes, and I wake up with a new vagina, perhaps I’ll primp. For now, though, I’m not a stylish transgender woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment