Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Working out the Kinks

Working out the Kinks

Since I decided to transition, I’ve been wearing feminine underwear everyday. It’s a baby step, but that’s what this bog is all about. Being who I am must begin somewhere. I’ve also been using the bathroom, sitting down.

The other day, however, my male prostate woke me and I needed to go. I didn’t have time to sit down and I wondered if I’d make it through SRS. As I stood there looking at my daughter’s makeup, the words to an old song came to mind,

I am strong

I am invincible

I am Woman.

check it out here

I am female and I always have been. Moreover, I always will be. There are many more steps to go in my journey, but I’ll make it. I am strong. I am invincible. I will be who I am.

I was reading blogs and social media postings the other day and I wondered about articles of clothing. What was the first piece of female clothing you owned, and how did you acquire it? I’m not talking about the laundry basket where we borrowed our mother’s clothes.

I used to make clothes from material my mother stored. I admit, I was never a good seamstress but it was all about fantasy in those days, anyway. Puberty has a way of doing that to you. Oh, if I only knew then, what I know now.

I’ll never forget the first time I purchased something. It was after years of trying to bury my feminine nature. I was married and I couldn’t ignore it any longer. I went into the store armed with a sale ad, and pretended to be buying a bra for a female someone. I pointed to the ad and said, "I need one of those."

The clerk asked about size.

"I think she needs 48."

"What is the cup size?"

Not wanting to blow my cover I pretended I didn’t know. I needed a D (I was always big), but they didn’t have one. The clerk gave me a look of consternation when I said, just give me a C.

I hated that bra. I also hated the suspicious look the clerk gave me. Still, it got easier after that.

Tell me about your first piece of clothing, traditionally worn by a member of the opposite sex, (well, opposite of your assigned gender).

No comments:

Post a Comment